Saturday 23 December 2017

What the year is almost over?

Hello everyone,

Wow what a year it has been...

I started 2017 positively happy at work and in life. That soon changed when circumstances changed at work. This took its toll on me. I was miserable to a point where I couldn't stop the tears from just randomly falling down my cheeks at random times like driving in my car. I started looking for something new but just couldn't find anything suitable for me.

One day I shared my worries with people from church and together we prayed for a new opportunity, that very next day the one lady asked me if I would be interested in a job opportunity at a school of someone she knows. I was over the moon and long story short I got the job. I felt a change in my being and felt instant joy when I started and I knew it was sent from God.

In the year I got a new calling well at first I was like whaaattt?? Then after a while I started to put bits together. With this I had to start making big decisions in my life (more on this in another post).

Then there was Mozambique in July, challenging but fun:


Lessons... don't live life with expectation. 

Fell in-love went to Mozam again. 

This journey taught me a lot! I think in the moment I felt a bit lost and unsure. but looking back all the things I didn't know how to handle, every challenge every fight, in the end was worth it and made me stronger.

I then got Malaria... yea Malaria.. I'll tell you more in another post as well.

Then got challenged by a brake-up and had to fall out of love. But looking at it now it was the right thing. Maybe at the time my hart was broken but you know what? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And you know as they say God has something bigger planned and I am excited to see what he has planned for me. 

In-between all of this I made a big decision and quit my amazing job to take a GAP year. This was probably the hardest decision of my life but was fully supported by so many people.

My last day at work was last week Friday (15/12/17). My hart was sore but I know what is coming is big, and having that support from all my colleagues and the parents at the school made it easier. And like my boss said it's not goodbye, it's till we meet again.

Now I'm on a lovely brake and enjoying the last bit of the year with my family. 

I want to thank everyone who was part of my year, good and bad in the good and bad. Everyone who supported me, prayed for me, helped me, wiped my tears, hugged me and reassured and encouraged  me, thank you thank you thank you!!!!

This is a much shorter version of my year hope you enjoyed it.

Stay humble, enjoy life and live with no regrets

Xx Anschke

No comments:

Post a Comment